- This event has passed.
Bacteria Light Lab
1 May, 2015 @ 7:00 pm - 11:00 pmFree
Enter into the Bacteria Light Lab. Bask in the light of bioluminescent bacteria, learn about the quantum effects of light in whole-genome sequencing, investigate historical heliotherapy and modern cutting-edge laser light treatments to combat infection, create your own light-reactive bacteria ‘pet’, and vote in a bacteria beauty contest.
- Anna Dumitriu, lead artist
- Alex May, video design and projection
- Dr John Paul, Kevin Cole and Dr James Price (Modernising Medical Microbiology project)
- Dr Simon Park (University of Surrey)
- Dr Carole Reeves, Dr Michael Wilson and Dr Sean Nair (UCL)