- This event has passed.
Symposium: The Stuff of Memory
3 October, 2015 @ 10:30 am - 5:30 pmFree
Memory is an imaginative and creative process, not a static repository. But what role does ‘stuff’ play in the act of remembering? How can memory be talked about in material terms? From neurons to possessions and public memorials, this symposium will examine the relationship between memory, materiality and objects through a full day of talks and discussion. This will be preceded by a free Friday evening of performances.
- Darian Leader, psychoanalyst and writer
- Zoe Laughlin, Creative Director & Curator of Materials, Institute of Making
- Kate Forde, Senior Curator, Wellcome Collection; curator of Alice Anderson Memory Movement Memory Objects
- Paul Basu, Reader in Material Culture and Museum Studies and Honorary Senior Research Fellow, Department of Anthropology, University College London
Further speakers TBC
- Brian Dillon, writer, critic and editor, Cabinet magazine
This event is being produced in collaboration with Maud Jacquin, independent curator.
Please note that this is a paid event, for which the ticket price includes lunch and refreshments.£18 full price/£15 concession. Tickets are available to book below.