- This event has passed.
#FuturePub 7: New Developments in Scientific Collaboration Tech
10 May, 2016 @ 6:30 pm - 9:30 pmFree
These evenings are designed to be fun and informal, aiming to give opportunities to those working on new ideas and innovations a chance to present and get feedback on their ideas whilst offering FREE PIZZA.
There will be 7 quick-fire talks covering a range of new and exciting developments in science & publishing tech over the course of an hour and then the rest of the evening is dedicated to discussion and conversation over drinks (and pizza).
The 7 talks this time are on topics from scientific news to peer review and citizen science
- Reimagining scientific news: How user research led to an entire product redesign, by Sybil Wong and Mimi Keshani
- Publishing Research Ideas and Outcomes, by Ross Mounce
- Peercog: Peer-to-peer recognition from author to reviewer, by Laura Harvey
- Peer to Peer Science, by James Littlejohn
- Automating peer review for research, by Daniel Shanahan
- Peerwith – connecting experts, by Joris van Rossum
- Citizen Science, Open Science & scientific publication, by Muki Haklay